By the time of the 1850 census, they are parents of these 8 children and living in Bracken County at household 337
1) Elizabeth Ann born about 1835. She married William Payne Holton.
2) William born in November 1836 - married Elizabeth M. Holton, sister of William P. Holton.
3) James Andrew born in 1840 - married Rebecca Jane Poe
4) Henry born 30 December 1842 - married Angeline Alice "Ann" West
5) Margaret born in 1843 - no further information at this time
6) Joseph Cozie born 28 December 1844 was married twice. First to Amanda Applegate,
then to Mary Eliza Cummins
7) Mary B. born 10 March 1847 - married Lyman V. Thompson
8) Edith born in 1849 - married William P. Woodruff
By 1860, they've had 1 more child, George, born in 1851 in Augusta, Bracken County. Unfortunately, George died of the measles on 20 March 1853. They live at household 192 in district 1. There is an Elizabeth Melvin living with them - age 70 and born in NJ. Her exact relationship, if any, is not known at this time.
In 1870, Joseph and Elizabeth are still in Augusta with no children at home.
Elizabeth died 16 November 1871 and Joseph followed on 31 December 1878, both in Augusta.
|Joseph West, Sr buried at Mt. Zion Cemetery|
|Elizabeth Ann (West) and William Payne Holton are buried at Concord Methodist Church Cemetery.|
|William West and Elizabeth M. "Lizzie" (Holton) West are also buried at Concord Methodist Church Cemetery.|
|Henry West is buried at Mt. Zion Cemetery|
|Joseph C. West, Jr. is buried at Concord Methodist Church Cemetery.|
|Mary B. (West) Thompson is buried at Concord Methodist Church Cemetery.|