Thursday, August 22, 2013

McGill Cemetery

While researching the Sharp-McGill connections in my family I learned a farm at Lenoxburg was once part of the Anthony McGill property.  I know the lady who owns the farm now and she knew exactly where the cemetery is located and took me to visit it. She also told me that when she and her husband bought the farm there were other stones here and she doesn't know what happened to them.

Andrew Hannah died April 12,1863.  Aged 59 years 7 months 13 days  He married Martha J. Houston August 9, 1828 in Brown County, Ohio.




Part of an unknown stone.  I couldn't find any other pieces for a better clue.



Thornton Hannah was the son of Andrew and Martha J. Hannah.  He was born September 27, 1836 and died May 19, 1864.










Thornton was a member of Company A, 5 Ohio Calvary.






Nancy Mathews died December 4, 183? Aged 32 years



All photos are the property of the blog owners and/or photographer and may not be posted elsewhere without written permission.




No comments:

Post a Comment